Specialty Cheese made in New England
We feature many varieties of "Snappy Old Cheddar”. Our most popular is Rat Trap Country Store Cheddar hand packed in 40 LB wheels, creamy and delicious. We have several degrees of Sharp Cheddars beginning with our basic Sharp, Extra Sharp, 2 Year Old Super Sharp, 3 Year Old Wicked Sharp, and for the serious both 4 and 5 Year Aged Cheddars that will make you stand up and take notice.
Additionally we have a wide range of flavored cheddars, Maple Bacon, Steakhouse Onion, Roasted Garlic and Buffalo to list a few. All are sold by the pound and ship year round.
- The name "Cheddar" is taken from a small town in England where cheese of this type was first produced over 400 years ago
- It takes over 10 gallons of milk to make 1 LB of Cheddar
- An average Holstien cow produces 6 gallons of milk per day
- Our Cheddar taste best if served at room temperature but will store well in your refrigerator for months if tightly wrapped
- Mold may develop on the surface but will not penetrate the cheese or spoil it, simply cut of the molded area and enjoy the rest
- Freezing will not affect the flavor but it will alter the texture and consistency significantly, store wrapped tightly in the refrigerator