Country Store Cheddar made in New England
These Country Store Cheddars are what your grandparents remember, cut from the 40LB wheel they come in sharp, extra sharp, super sharp and our famous bestselling Rat Trap, the creamiest of all. Aged from 6 months to 2 years you find these cheddars the best there is.
- The name "Cheddar" is taken from a small town in England where cheese of this type was first produced over 400 years ago
- It takes over 10 gallons of milk to make 1 LB of Cheddar
- An average Holstien cow produces 6 gallons of milk per day
- Our Cheddar taste best if served at room temperature but will store well in your refrigerator for months if tightly wrapped
- Mold may develop on the surface but will not penetrate the cheese or spoil it, simply cut of the molded area and enjoy the rest
- Freezing will not effect the flavor but it will alter the texture and consistency significantly, store wrapped tightly in the refrigerator